Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- Do not eat or drink (including water) for at least six (6) hours prior to your appointment.
- Please brush your teeth and rinse thoroughly the morning of your surgery.
- Do not smoke on the day of your surgical appointment and preferably, three to four days after your procedure to avoid post-operative pain and potential infection.
- If you are under the age of 18, a responsible adult must be present at the time of surgery.
- Following sedation, all patients must have a responsible adult to accompany them home. Public transportation is not suitable following anesthesia; a cab ride is permitted.
- Please wear comfortable, loose clothing with sleeves that can be rolled up past the elbow.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup or nail polish on the day of the surgery.
- Please remove contact lens, all jewelry and watches prior to surgery.
- If you have any current illnesses (for example – flu) prior to your appointment, please notify the office immediately.
- Consents must be filled out prior to surgery and before taking mediations.
- Financial arrangements need to be arranged prior to surgery day.
Please consult with Dr. Perkinson on directions of current medications taken. They will direct you on how to manage your current medications.